Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I am here!

Wow, so I have been living in Haiti now for 13 days and this is my first blog post, SORRY!! I am not so good at this whole blog thing but I'm going to work on it :) 

Where to start...well I'll just give you a quick run down and I'll try and do better from now on about posting more regularly :) So I arrived at Lifeline on January 4th with the first of 3 work teams coming the beginning of this year. The team left last Thursday but my friend Leah, who has been a missionary here in Haiti for the past year and a half, stayed with me. She is going to stay here until February 23rd which is a major blessing! It is making the transition and adjustment much easier staying here with a friend instead of by myself already :)

On Friday evening we received 21 kids from Unicef. The Haitian government is shutting down many orphanages right now and these kids were living in one that was shut down. The kids will be here for 3 months while Unicef searches for their families to see if they can take their kids back and care for them. I feel like all of the kids have been adjusting to this change well. We've all had our moments but for the most part it's going well, thank you Lord! Please pray for these kids, they weren't cared for well at their orphanage and they are all pretty thin and some are sick.   I haven't learned all of their names quite yet but I am working on it! We received 2 more kids yesterday. One has already been living here but was home for the holiday. The other is a beautiful little girl who is probably about 3. Her mother looked very young and is struggling to provide for her daughter and asked if she could leave her here so that her needs could be met. Nicole has such a heart for her people here in Haiti, it is a blessing to work with her!!

So far everything is going well by the grace of God. I have had my days that I have struggled but the Lord has been encouraging my heart and I am continually learning how to rely on Him and His strength. Overall I am overwhelmed that He has asked me to be here to care for these beautiful children and serve with such a great woman of God! The Lord is good to me!!

Well it is time for Leah and I to turn delco(the generator) off so I should probably end this post. Thank you for joining me in this new adventure, I hope you too can be blessed through this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment